Welcome to Berlin!
From 16 to 20 August 2022 the 6th World Conference of the International Federation for Public History (IFPH) will take place in Berlin. The German capital, which has been called the “Rome of contemporary history”, is an ideal location for a major meeting of public historians from across the globe. Like few other cities in the world it offers many different layers of history, that not only still matter and are controversial locally or regionally, but nationally and even internationally.
The conference will be hosted at the Freie Universität Berlin, where the first German MA program in Public History was established. It is located in the Southwestern part of the city.
Our partners are the National Council on Public History, the world’s largest public history organization, the German Historical Association (VHD) and its working group on applied/ public history (AGPH), the American Historical Association, the International Council of Museums (ICOM) Germany, and the Leibniz Centre for Contemporary History in Potsdam (ZZF).
There is no specific conference theme and no focus on a particular historical era.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Berlin in August 2022
- Andreas Etges, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Germany (IFPH)
- Paul Nolte, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Julia Preis, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Sönke Kunkel, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Frank Drauschke, Facts&Files, Berlin, Germany (AGPH)
- Irmgard Zündorf, Leibniz Centre for Contemporary History, Potsdam, Germany (ZZF)
- Janaina Ferreira dos Santos, Leibniz Centre for Contemporary History, Potsdam, Germany (ZZF)